The Nova Scotia Assessment: Reading and Writing in Grade 3 is administered over 2-days in early October with 90 minutes per day.
The design of this assessment includes:
- reading and writing tasks that reflect the end of grade 2 expectations
- reading passages in the narrative, information, poetry/song, and visual text genres at
text level K–L
- reading comprehension questions in selected response formats
- reading comprehension questions that are designed to provide a broad range of challenge, thereby providing more information about individual student performance
- one personal narrative writing task and one informational writing task