The 2015-2016 Nova Scotia Assessment: Reading, Writing, and Mathematics in Grade 6 will be administered over 4-days in late September/early October 2015 for 90 minutes each day.
This assessment includes the following:
- reading and writing tasks that reflect the end of grade 5 curriculum outcome expectations
- reading passages in the narrative, information, poetry/song, and visual text genres
- reading comprehension questions in selected response format
- reading comprehension questions that are designed to provide a broad range of challenge, thereby providing more information about individual student performance
- one letter writing task and one story writing task
- mathematics questions that reflect the end of grade 5 curriculum outcome expectations
- selected response (multiple choice) mathematics questions in all mathematics domains
- constructed response (problem solving) mathematics questions that will be scored for content/understanding and for communication
French immersion students wrote the mathematics portion of this assessment in French.