The Nova Scotia Assessment: Reading, Writing, and Mathematics/Mathématiques in Grade 6 is administered over 4-days in October.
This assessment includes the following:
- reading and writing tasks that reflect the end of grade 5 curriculum outcome expectations
- reading passages in the narrative, information, poetry/song, and visual text genres
- reading comprehension questions in selected response format
- reading comprehension questions that are designed to provide a broad range of challenge, thereby providing more information about individual student performance
- one letter writing task and one story writing task
- mathematics questions that reflect the end of grade 5 curriculum outcome expectations
- selected response (multiple choice) mathematics questions in all mathematics domains
French immersion students write the mathematics portion of this assessment in French.
There are two M6 webinars available on the Digital Video Library (DVL) to support teachers:
- In 2021-2022, only outcomes that are identified as foundational in the Foundational Outcome documents (September 2020) and measurable on large scale assessments will be included on Nova Scotia Assessments.