The 2015-2016 Nova Scotia Assessment: Reading, Writing, and Mathematics in Grade 6 will be administered over 4-days in late September/early October 2015 for 90 minutes each day.
This assessment includes the following:
- reading and writing tasks that reflect the end of grade 5 curriculum outcome expectations
- reading passages in the narrative, information, poetry/song, and visual text genres
- reading comprehension questions in selected response format
- reading comprehension questions that are designed to provide a broad range of challenge, thereby providing more information about individual student performance
- one letter writing task and one story writing task
- mathematics questions that reflect the end of grade 5 curriculum outcome expectations
- selected response (multiple choice) mathematics questions in all mathematics domains
- constructed response (problem solving) mathematics questions that will be scored for content/understanding and for communication
French immersion students wrote the mathematics portion of this assessment in French.
There are two M6 webinars available on the Digital Video Library (DVL) to support teachers: